Here is a small and incomplete history of the changes on this
- 2007-11-08 Hardware
- Something went wrong on the old SUN box. So I decided to do
a small hardware upgrade... from a Sparc Station 20 to a 1U
quad-core Intel Xeon box. Not that serving Web content really
required that amount of power, but I still want to generate
solved at 20 to 30 empties, just in case I find time to work again
on an othello program.
- 2003-09-23 Hardware
- With help from Vivien and Simon, socca came back to life again,
like a phoenix. It is just a bit weaker now, less memory (two
faulty ram banks removed) and less cpu power (it is now powered by
two 60MHz cpu instead of 75MHz ones).
- 2003-09-16 Hardware (again)
- Finally, the machine died and dns was moved to use the backup
machine. Hopefully, someone will go and fix the box. However I
plan at some point to have a newer sparc, especially as recent
JDKs are not supporting the old SuperSPARC processors any longer.
- 2003-09-02 Hardware
- After two mysterious reboot, and a complete failure after
inspecting memory slots, the machine was replaced with another
one. Just moving the processor, the biggest ram banks (after
testing them) and the a disk, and it was working again.
- 2002-10-01 Relative links
- I started to transform all semi-relative links (ie the ones
starting with "/" to have only pure relative links, it will
help for the automagic language selection.
- 2002-09-05 Style experiments
- I started to play with
CSS, you can see this
page with a top frame is compliant enough
- 2002-05-23 Boot prom and cpu updated
- The machine has now two TMS390Z55 (75MHz) cpus, thanks to
- 2002-01-11 Moved to another machine
- The server is now powered by a 60MHz SparcStation 20, any donation
of better CPUs is more than welcome! (just email me)
- 2001-11-13 New picture collection script
- It now uses a picture to picture menu, all the picture pages has
- 2001-03-07 Reorganisation started
- Information that needs to be up to date and in a dated space
may misinform the reader, yes URIs are opaque, but only
theoretically. I use 301 to redirect to the new location.
- 2001-03-01 Organisation
- I am more and more convinced that dated space is not the ultimate
solution, I am starting moving things
- 2001-02-24 CVS control
- I finally put all my site under CVS control, with automatic commit
on PUT, all the ID tags will be automatically updated.
- 2001-02-19 Navigation bar
- After just doing some quick hacks, I am starting to make this more
usable, first I am adding navigation bar at the top, the next step
is to choose better colors. I will pick the ones of the building you
may see at Rauba Caupeu.
- 2001-02-01 Starting design
- I finally found a little time to generate some content, it's now
starting to be alive!
- 2000-09-06 Starting to feed some pictures
- But not linked from the main page, I got no time to make some
- 2000-08-31 Server is up!
- I finally bought the domain, and installed it. The server is
co-located with larve.net, it is not
really virtual hosting as sockets are bound to different IPs, but
they share the same process.
(c) 2000-2002 Yves Lafon
Last edited: $Id: history.html,v 1.15 2008/01/16 22:29:15 ylafon Exp $